How to Price Your Newport Beach Home
When you are pricing your Newport Beach home at the right price, it could make a difference in your home selling quickly, or your home sitting on the market without any offers. When a home sits on the market, the less it will sell for and the listing may become stale. Buyers want to know why the home has been on the market so long, as days on market are as important consideration.
And the longer a property is on the market, generally the offers are lower.
REALTORS® are professionals when it comes to establishing the value of your home.
Below area few tips that Realtors® use to determine the valuation of a Newport Beach property that actually gets potential buyers in the door of your home, while still getting the most amount of money for your home.
Five ways your Newport Beach Real Estate Agent will use to price your home for sale:
- Home Sales History – It is important to look at the market over the past several years to determine trends. These trends will help you to see whether the market has appreciated (or depreciated) over the past few years.
- Location, location, location – You have all heard that before, especially with real estate. Consider the street, does it back up to a busy street, does it back up to sports field where the lights stay on till 10 at night? These are all factors that need to be considered when establishing the market value for your home. Another consideration in the Newport Beach area is – is there a view?
- Review Recent Comparable Sales – Review the recent sales in your neighborhood and see what has sold. Make sure you are comparing “like” properties with bedrooms, baths, size, square footage, upgrades and of course condition of property.
- Think Like a Buyer – A good Newport Beach Real Estate Agent will take you around to view the other properties for sale so you can view what your competition is. Look at the condition of other properties, how they present, curb appeal, is it clean and decluttered? These are all factors to keep in mind!
- Be Objective – remember this is business. Buyers are savvy and they have done their research. Be prepared remember they are making a large financial investment.
If I can answer any questions about pricing your home, please contact me.