Newport Beach Homes for Sale | Tips for Selling Your Newport Beach Home
If you are considering selling your Newport Beach home then you may want to take a look and see what needs to be addressed before putting it on the market.
First impressions are everything and you want your home to present in the best possible light. Your home only has ONE chance to make a first impression!!
Be sure to address deferred maintenance. If there are repair items you have been postponing now is a good time to make sure they have been fixed. If you can see the deferred maintenance, so can buyers touring your home.
Here are a few tips to help your home shine!
- Paint interior a neutral color. Keep in mind that you are appealing to the majority of people. Don’t forget baseboards as well and crown moulding.
- If you have hard wood floors, make sure they look polished and clean. If you have a pet, be sure to keep the pet hair cleaned up!!!!
- Clean closets, organize drawers, and start thinking like you are moving. Get rid of un-necessary items, have a garage sale or donate the items to the needy.
- Have windows and screens cleaned, replace the screens if necessary.
- Make sure kitchen is clean and organized (including inside of drawers) people look. Make sure oven and refrigerator are clean and tidy.
- Organize your garage, as that is an important consideration for many home buyers.
- De-clutter!!! One of the most important considerations when preparing your Newport Beach home to sell. Less is more, and the home will appear organized and clean.
- I recommend taking down personal photographs. Buyers and agents alike get distracted by the personal photographs. And you want to protect your privacy.
- Make sure you have great curb appeal with seasonal flowers.
If I can answer any questions about selling your Newport Beach home, please contact me.