Preparing your Newport Beach home for summer activities. School is winding down. Some of the local Orange County Colleges have their graduations next month including Chapman University in Orange whose graduation is on May 19th, 2012.
The local Newport Beach schools get out in June. Summer is quickly coming upon us and here are a few suggestions if you are getting your home, and yard ready for summer activities!
- Plant annual color in your flower beds in the next couple of weeks so that the flowers will be in full bloom within a few weeks. If you do not have a lot of space to plant flowers, then container gardening may be the way to go. Additionally, the flowers create a great first impression.
- Fertilize your lawn, and re-seed if necessary.
- Add plants in flower beds as well. Remove all weeds.
- Clean out any water features you have on property so that everything is in working order. Replace filters if necessary.
- Clean your windows. The rain is (almost) past, and this is another good time to have your windows and screens cleaned. Keep in the mind it is a good opportunity to have the salt air cleaned off your windows and screens. This helps reduce corrosion from the salt air.
- How is your patio furniture? The climate is wonderful at the beach, however the salt air can cause corrosion to patio furniture and outdoor barbecues. If your patio furniture is in need of painting, there are many local vendors who can powder coat. Additionally, you may want to replace cushions on your patio furniture.
- Do you have bird feeders? Then you can fill them up with seed to enjoy the birds!
- Does your home need exterior maintenance? This is something else you may want to consider to get your home in tip top condition. Touch up exterior paint and/or stucco if needed.
- Do you have any leaky faucets? Now would be a good time to address that!
- Address deferred maintenance so that you can enjoy your home!
You will be enjoying your home more by keeping it in tip top shape, and at the same time should you decide you want to sell it during the “hot” summer months, your home will be ready to go!!