Considering selling your Corona del Mar home this summer. Things are definitely heating up, and here are a few tips to make sure your property shines and stands out!!
The market in general has picked up significantly and it is not unusual to see multiple offers on properties. Therefore, it is important to make sure that your property stands out amongst the competition.
The following are some tips to consider when selling your Corona del Mar home.
- Address any deferred maintenance on your property. A buyer will have a home inspection on the property, and items that need attention will most likely show up on home inspection report.
- How is the curb appeal of your Corona del Mar home? Be sure to make sure it is tidy and neat, and add colorful annuals to enhance the appeal.
- De-clutter the interior, cupboards, closets, and garage too. Buyers will open those doors and you want that area to be as clean and neat as possible. Organize closets, and start thinking like you are going to move . . . get rid of un-necessary items, or donate them. Consider having a garage sale.
- Clean windows and mirrors throughout home. Repair or replace screens in home also.
- Add interior houseplants in strategic locations. And fresh flowers are always a nice addition (keep the water clean, and keep them looking fresh).
- Keeps beds made each day. Also make sure dishes in kitchen are done and put away. You never know when someone is going to call to set up appointment to show your home.
- If you have pets, be sure to keep yard cleaned at all times!
- And if you have pets, take them out of the property for showings. Many people are not either cat or dog friendly, and it is best to have the animals out of the home so the buyer feels most comfortable.
- Lastly, be sure to be sensitive to any odors. Any pet odors, or cooking odors that someone may find offensive.
Hope these tips help you prepare your Corona del Mar home to sell, and if you would like a complimentary market analysis of your home, please contact me.