Spring is here in Newport Beach, CA and it is a great time to prepare your garden to enjoy beautiful gardens in spring and summer. Landscaping flower beds, and adding colorful annuals adds to the home’s overall appeal.
Adding colorful annuals is a recommendation that I make for Newport Beach home sellers to enhance the overall appeal of the home when preparing your Home to Sell. Remember, that a Newport Beach home for sale has one opportunity to make a good first impression, and driving up to the front and seeing beautifully manicured flower beds, and blooming flowers always enhances the home.
The following are a few tips for preparing your garden to enjoy the spring and summer months, and preparing your home to sell.
- Add fresh soil if needed before adding new plants and flowers.
- Re-plant and manicure flower beds in front of home with flowering annual plants.
- Remove any dead blooms or foliage on existing plants.
- Make sure irrigation system is working so that any plants and flowers that you add will be sufficiently watered.
- Remove any weeds.
- Cut back any plants that are over grown.
- If you have a lawn, fertilize the lawn and re-seed it if necessary.
- Ensure that any water features in yard are working properly with clean water, and filtration system.
If you live in a home or Newport Beach condo, and do not have a yard, container gardening is a wonderful way to add to the property. Add flower pots with colorful annuals and maintain them to enhance the overall appeal of the home. Container gardens can be beautiful and elegant and add to patios, balconies and entries. Container gardening may be elevated pots, pots with a variety of different plants in them, hanging plants, and plants that are adhered to a wall or fence to add overall appeal.
If you need some inspiration and creative ideas for gardening, visit Roger’s Gardens in Newport Beach.
If you are considering selling your Newport Beach home for sale or selling your Newport Beach condo and would like a complimentary comparative market analysis, then please contact me.