You are preparing to sell your Newport Beach home to sell, and you have addressed deferred maintenance, made necessary repairs, and you are thinking like a buyer. So the next step is to select a Newport Beach Realtor.
1. It is important to be objective when selecting a Realtor, and it is important to hire someone who you feel can appropriately represent you with the sale of your home.
2. You may get lots of recommendations about different Realtors including someone who is your sister’s cousin and works part time. Think again!! You want a full time Realtor. Keep in mind you are selling a very large investment and you want an experience real estate agent who can help obtain the greatest return on your investment.
3. Hire a Realtor who is local in your area and knows the community. Is there a neighborhood expert? Then you may want to Google your neighborhood to determine who that is. Keep in mind if you are utilizing Google or any of the search engines to obtain information about your neighborhood, then so are YOUR BUYERS!! Out of area Real Estate agents may not know city requirements, or when Broker Preview is, or be a member of the local board.
4. Communication is essential when you are interviewing agents. Does the agent answer their phone, do they return calls in a timely manner – this is common sense – but keep in mind when the buyers are calling that agent on YOUR property. The manner of communication is important as well – do you prefer texts, emails or calls? Establish that right up front!!!
5. Consider the marketing plan your the Real Estate agent presents. How are they going to market your home? Is it going in the MLS and that is it – or does the agent work other forms of internet market. Are they primarily utilizing print media – you might want to consider this! With over 90% of buyers starting their home search on line, it is imperative that you have an agent that embraces internet marketing. From property websites all the way to community descriptions, buyers are seeking information – and detailed information. Buyers want to know about schools, community information, local shopping areas, and how living in a certain community will fit their lifestyle.
Now you have narrowed down or selected your Newport Beach Realtor, and it is time to start thinking about managing your home while it is listed.
Read the series about preparing your home to sell: